Pages

8.16.2012

Whisks and Lunches and Carrots, oh my!

Happy Thursday everyone!

I have some new goodies in the shop this week. . .

First up, a brown bag lunch!  I got it into my head a couple weeks ago that I wanted to make miniature paper bags.  Then that got me thinking how fun it would be to make little brown bag lunches.  I worked non-stop for a couple of days to create everything for them.  A little organic apple, a Peanut Butter and Jam sandwich, and baby carrots. 
Miniature Playscale Brown Bag Lunch for Barbie, Blythe, Momoko
Recently, it has been very hot here.  We don't have air conditioning in the Orange Door Cottage, and, being in Oregon, it's usually not a problem.  We just set up little fans and it works just fine.  It's been too hot to turn on the oven for baking clay though!  On a particularly roasty-toasty day, I decided to instead make some miniature wire whisks.  No baking required!

And just look at these beautiful bowls!  They are real, handmade pottery bowls by Anita.  I am so pleased with them, and will definitely go back for more.  I highly recommend her!
Playscale Miniature Wire Whisk for 1/6th scale dolls
Also in the shop now are the miniature carrots.  If you follow me on Instagram [@heatherespana], you may have seen the sneak peek of these little guys.
1:6 scale carrots for Barbie, Blythe, Momoko and other playscale dolls
Thank you so much to everyone who reads this little blog!  I love seeing your comments, and if you ever have any questions, or suggestions for blog posts or things you'd like to see me try to make, I'd love to hear them!  You can email me directly at heatherputtering@gmail.com. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, adorable!!! That sack lunch just kills me! Beautiful items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are soo amazing at this!!! I love it!!

    I did try making a whisk once...boy it was hard. The problem was probably that I was using wires from eyepins...xDD It was all I had on hand. Instead of wrapping the handle I just made one out of black clay. Now it looks pretty good in my opinion! Haha! Though probably won't try that again until I have better wire, lol. Yours looks AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man! Yes, making the whisks without something to wrap the wire around would be very difficult! Good idea making a clay handle though. I just use 20 gauge jewelry wire from Michael's :).

      Delete