Pages

11.29.2015

Puttering is Re-Opening December 1st!


Hello!

Oh my goodness, you have no idea how excited I am to be back in my studio! The shop is still in vacation mode, but I am in a flurry of creating new things in order to re-open in just a couple days. I am aiming to open on December 1st with just a few new creations, but I'll be adding more as the month goes on.

For those of you who have waited around, thank you so much for being patient and still being here!

It's been a long road. If you didn't know, I was struggling with horrible chronic pain, and actually lost almost use of my hands and arms for several months. I had to close my shop, as well as my photography business, for over a year. I went to several doctors, and had numerous blood tests and x-rays. As it turns out, I have fibromyalgia, as well as some osteo-arthritis and some auto-immune/thyroid issues. Amidst all that, I was training in weight-lifting, and remodeling my bathroom, and working, and... you get the idea. I was doing too much! My body finally gave out completely. It was extremely difficult to stay positive when I lost the ability to do everything I love!

I finally found a great doctor. She diagnosed me, and I have been doing SO much better under her care. Gradually over the past few months, I've developed a regimen of self-care that keeps me happy, mobile, and low on the pain scale! So I am back to making things, and smiling big about it.

In order to stay happy and healthy, I am changing a few things about how I run my shop, and I hope you'll understand! I have really enjoyed making custom orders in the past, but I will no longer be offering that service. Items I post will be one of a kind, and in limited quantities. When they're gone, they're gone so snatch them up quick!

Making miniatures brings me so much joy, and I love sharing that. I want this to be sustainable for me. I am only 32, and I'd like to keep making things until I'm very old :). I strive for delicious realism, and each piece takes me days to create. I will need to change my pricing accordingly, but I will do my very best to keep things manageable for you, my lovely customers! I am also going to be switching to FREE shipping in the US.

I'll see you in the shop on December 1st!

No comments:

Post a Comment